1) How to Choose Position of Axial Overlap Joint.
The position of axial overlap joint for each installed aerogel blanket segment shall be out of the part45°left or right to the pipe' s vertical center line.
2) How to Decide Blanket Length for a Pipe.
Cut aerogel blanket into suitable parts for the pipe's round surface. (1) For smaller pipes, the blanket length could be determined by wrapping the round surface with a narrow strip of aerogel blanket. The overlapping length of axial overlap seam is advised to be 30~50mm. (2) For larger pipes, tape measure or steel wire is recommended to determine the circumfe rence.CD When 6mm aerogel blanket is installed, an extra 8cm should be increased based on determined circumference. ®When 10mm aerogel blanket is installed, an extra 10cm should be increased based on determined circumference.
3) Notke for lnstallafon
The cut aerogel blanket shall be pressed tightly to the pipe's surface and the axial overlap seam shall be in a way that the upper part covers the lower part. Align both ends' edges of the blanket.
4) Notice for Banding
Fasten the starting end of aerogel blanket first with galvanized steel wire or steel band. The wire or band should be tight and neat. Then fasten the other end to the pipe in the same way. Both circular seams should be in a tidy condition.
5) Banding Guide
Have a band for every 20-30 cm on the aerogel blanket. At least 2 bands will be needed for every segment of aerogel blanket. Intensify banding on vibrated parts. Banding points shall be above the axial overlap seam of the aerogel blanket. Press down the banding steel wire ends.
6) Guide for Splicing Aerogel Blanket
Every segment of aerogel blanket installed on the pipe should be spliced tightly with another segment. Gap width of two circular overlaps shall not be larger than 2mm. Axial overlap seams for the same layer shall end at the same angle.
7) Gap-filling of Aerogel Blanket
After every layer of aerogel blanket is installed, all the gaps shall be filled with thin aerogel strips. Then wrap up glass fabric tape over the gaps with some strength in a spiral way to press down the seam parts. The wrapping direction shall be the same as that of aerogel blanket. Tighten the fabric fast and make it flat. Glass fabric's width is around 30~40cm.
8) Notes for Double-layer and Multilayer Banding
A layer-by-layer banding method shall be adopted for doublel-ayer and multilayer aerogel blanket installation.The outer layer should cover the overlap seam of the inner layer completely. Distance between neighboring layers' overlap seams should be not less than 200mm. It is suggested that a whole piece's edges for second layer should be on the middle of two segments' center lines.
9) Notice for A Combined Insulation Plan
When a combined insulation plan is carried out, conventional insulation material would be installed in the following process with a thickness as per design requirement. Regarding the installation method, please refer to that for aerogel blanket. If a soft blanket type material is used, binding distance shall not be over 200mm, neither too tight nor too loose. Gaps between conventional insulation material should be filled with soft insulation material for a better sealing effect.
10) Measures for High Temperature Application
If the temperature of pipe surface is not lower than 250°C, Al foil could be wrapped over aerogel blanket's outer surface of each layer.
If diameter difference between reducing joint's larger end and smaller end is not less than 100mm after aerogel blanket's installation, suitable aerogel blanket size could be cut in a way of unfolding metal plate (See Pictures R-1 and R-2) and installed on it. Fasten the blanket with galvanized steel wire first and wrap it with glass fabric. If diameter difference between reducing joint's larger end and smaller end is less than 100mm after aerogel blanket's installation, install the blanket according to Picture R-3. For multilayer installation, neighboring layers should be installed in a way that the outer layer covers the over lap seam of the inner layer and do the banding layer by layer.
Based on tee joint's dimension, cut suitable aerogel blanket size in a way of unfolding metal plate, install it on the joint and band it with galvanized steel wire. For multilayer installation, neighboring layers should be installed in a way that the outer layer covers the overlap seam of the inner layer and do the banding layer by layer.
Preparation before Installation
Aerogel blanket should be restored in a clean, dry place with protective facilities. If it must be restored in an outdoor place, a higher ground is advised. Then at least 200mm thick bedding such as plates or trays should be placed under it and cover the blanket with waterproof fabric or plastic sheet. Though aerogel blanket boasts good hydrophobic property, rain and snow prevention measures should be taken for its storage.
Notes before Installation
1. Devices, pipes and accessories to be insulated must pass pressure strength test and leakage test and treated with anti-corrosion layer before installing insulation material.
2. If fasteners for insulation layer is welded on industrial equipment or pipes with anti-corrosion coating or lining, welding and heat treatment after welding must be done before the anti-corrosion, lining and pressure strength work.
3. Ensure all the surfaces of pipes and devices to be insulated are clear and dry.
4. Before installation, pre-inspection on the quality of aerogel blanket is necessary to ensure it's clean and dry with good insulation performance.
5.Workers should have labor protection necessities for themselves in advance.
6. Processing tools for insulation layer, moisture-proof layer, protective layer and prefabricated parts should be provided.
7. At the installation site, temporary facilities like water and power supply should be set up. Paths should be clear. There are proper processing site and machines and tools for installation should be provided with reasonable proportion.
B. Materials and auxiliary materials for insulation, moisture -proof and protective layers should be supplied completely.
9. Confirm details like pipe diameter & total length, layers as per design, etc.